Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Garnet's Egypt Story

    The following is a collection of letters, written in hieroglyphs, that has been translated to english.

    Hello, Ethaptu, I am Humadi, the Egyptian godess born into Egypt by the Pharoahs wife. I am writing this letter to you to inform you that you have been selected to do your magic in finding out what goddess I am. I am not sure exactly what one I am, and I need to know in order to go on with my life. Please come to the royal house as soon as you can and use your magic on me. I am excited to see your results.

    Greetings, Humadi, thank you for selecting me for the job of finding out what goddess you are. On what date shall I come?

I am sorry, Ethaptu, but I cannot wait any longer, we shall have the ceremony tommaro with the population of egypt, my scribes are spreading the news.

End of letters found. If more letters are found we will bring them to the museum as soon as possible.


Where the letters end, my life begins. You are probably wondering where I am talking to you from. You will find out soon enough. There will be reason my voice is in your head. First I must tell you the story. I don’t have much time. It started with the letters you just read. Don’t let you're face give away how shocked you are. People will start to wonder. See that chair over there? Go sit down in it. Alright, now I will start. I am Hamadi by the way.

The following day I sat down in the magic chair with a group of greats around me. There were royals, scribes, wealthy men, and a few close friends I’d invited from Thebes. They stepped slowly in a circle around me, while chanting, “Hi-e-i-e-e-i, Omotombielishmo.

Then the magician, Ethaptu, raised his arms and (I will say it in you're language, but he really said it in egyptian) said, “Now I commend the gods to tell me what you really are. What soul of a goddess is embeded into you. How we shall worship you. Now tell me my gods, tell me, for we need this information, and must use it wisely.”

Then he put his hands in the air, and reached his fingertips as high as he possibly could, and opening and closing them as if trying to grab something. His eyes widened, and he pulled his hands down suddenly, as if scared.

“Ah, ah,” he stammered. He was a bit wide eyed for a minute, but he soon collected himself and said, “ I’m sorry, Humadi, but you are the goddess Sehkmet. Everyone got that wide eyed look Ethaptu did, and I new this was nowhere close to what I expected.
But then, now that I new myself and my powers, the Sehkmet side of me kicked in. I ran as fast as I could away from the cerimonial garden. Now that people new who I was, now that I new who I was, my life was in jepordy. I probably wouldn’t even get an afterlife, because no one would bother to preserve my soul.

After that day, my whole life changed, and it would never be normal again.

I soon ran into woods, and didn’t know where I was, so I figured the people that must be chasing after me now wouldn’t either. I sat down, and devised a plan.

I still had my cerimonial gown on me, along with other items that were to help with the ceremony such as jewlery and little gold and silver gadgets. I would sell my gold and silver charms on my bracelet, one by one, to get people on my side. Then, they would hide me from the Pharoah, maybe dress me up like someone else, and declare me gone.

You have to relize I was devastated, but there was no time to sulk. And I figured out then that I must really be Sehkmet, because some part of me was telling me not to run, but to devise some complicated plan that involved using people for my advantage and their loss.

I retraced my steps for a little while, until I came to the edge of the forest. I walked along the edge, darting behind trees whenever I could. Then I came to my first house.

I ran behind it quick as I could, and jumped through a window to the kitchen. Then I grabbed a knife from the counter and went to the bedroom.

A man that looked like he was in his late 20’s was putting beads in his hair. When he was distracted in getting a uncoraprative bead through a thick clump of hair, I ran into the room and held the knife up to his throat. He looked about as startled as I was for actually going through with the plan.

“I am Hammadi, goddess born into egypt. I will give you my gold charm of a cow if you disguise me as someone I am not.”

“I am sorry, I do not seek trouble,” he said in what came out more like a squeek than a reply.

I shoved the knife harder against his throat, “Help me now,” I said firmly. But this man wouldn’t back down, and I was very angry at myself for choosing the wrong house.

“No,” he said. “I will not ally with you.

Just as I was about to cut his throat open in frustration there was a knock at the door and I whipped around.

“Who is there,” a man said from behind the door.

Oh no, that must be the people chasing me down, I thought I didn’t know what to do, so I stabbed the man in the chest to keep him quiet.

As he fell the the ground the man, or should I say men, broke through the door.

“I-it’s not what you think it is alright?” But I was caught red handed, literally. I was holding a knife which was dripping blood onto my hand. There was a dead man on the floor. I looked exactly like the goddess who ran away earlier, in the same clothes and everything! I didn’t have time to speak before the men picked me up and carried me away.

The rest of my life wasn’t the most pleasent. It involved the men taking me to the pharoah, my own father, and him desiding to throw me in the river to let the gods decide. But I knew, even if the gods were on my side, there was no way I was getting out of that thing alive.

I would have been screaming and crying, but I was too scared, and too shocked to speak. I just watched as the men carried me around.

Then they decided that I was so guilty and evil that just throwing me in the river was not good enough punishment, so they decided to bind me to sticks first.

Once I was attached to my stick I was carried to the river by the men. My mother and father didn’t even say goodbye to me when they threw me in.

As me and my stick whirled down the river, I didn’t close my eyes, no matter how painful it was. I wanted to see the place I stuck my toes in so many times when I was little for the last time.

But gradually my lungs ran out of air, and started to get this horrible choking feeling in them. Then I closed my eyes for the last time.

Or you could say, in my living form. I am speaking to you from the Duat right now. How did I still get my afterlife? A man found me and mummified me. I even got a small opening the mouth ritual, so I can talk, eat, breath move around and things.

How does this involve you? I am looking for someone who I could move into. Use their body as my living form. A fresh start of sorts. Could I move into yours? Oh really? Just wait. Just wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment