Wednesday, October 10, 2012

High Heights

I stand atop a cliff watching the birds fly past me. Hearing the water roar in my ears. This is it. This is real. Smelling the sweet pin e trees. Watchin g nhalf dome from utop the cliff. I stand next to yosemite falls. Dangerouse I know, but amazingh. Electrafying. Real. I will do this untill I die.

But I won’t die. I will survive. My copper-brown hair blows in the wind and I don’t get scared. I could very well fall of the edge of this cliff right now. but i wobn’t because I am immortal. or a least i think I am. Certain people are nowdays. My mother was, my father wasn’t. We havn’t found out if I am or not yet. We just have to wait and see. And there is only one way to find out.

But I don’t need to find out. I feel it inside of me. Only certain people feel this feeling. Of there being no danger. You can get hurt, yes. But not very badly. Where does this start? Well back in 2,100 they discovered life on mars and evacuated half the people in the world to it. The population was getting to high, and they needed to find new space to place people. So they did. 

The people on mars were scared and homeless. They found water very deep below the ground, but it was scarce, and they would never feel the cool of winter again. Sad yes, but evetually in the 1,000 years that parted them from the hundred that returned to earth something... strange happened. 

The dust from mars, which was soft and very conforming, was what they used for beds. The dust particles would stick to them overnight turning them, red. They would dust them off, but it wouldn’t stop some from penatrating their skin. After a few hundred years of this it eventually created an invisable force field around them, creating a strong barrier. 

In the hundreds of years that followed it penatrated deeper and deeper. And after about a thousand years it penatrated, their heart. And after it created the force field around their heart and brain, they were immortal. Their is only one way for them to die. For them to wish it. 

Not to just wish it. To know throughout their mind and heart and soul that they want to die. And that if they lived they would never regret it. That does happen after you’ve lived for thoughsands of years. You start getting sick of it. I need to prove to my parents now that I am one of these. So I will do everything dangerous thing Yosemite has to offer. I am ready to prove it.

So I jump into the falls. I fall enderneath the water. It is a wonderfull expieriance and I will definently do it again, when I live. It is so beautiful. You see all the beauties of the world as you fall, underwater. It is too amazing to describe. I hit the pool of water on the bottom before I know it and swim around for a little while. I don’t feel like doing the mildly dangerouse things anymore because I’ve basically proved myself.

So I skip to the very last. Glacier Point. The most amazing thing in the world. And the most dangerouse. I press a button on shiny, black, waterproof jumsuit and the wings my mom gave me exert themself from the suit. Then I flap my wings and fly up to glacier point. It feels good having the wind swirl around me and I am lost in my own world. 

When I get their, I land and the normal tourists stare at me. I don’t even look at them but I can feel their stares on me. I press the butten and the wings insert themselves into the suit, and jump. I don’t even hear the wild screams of the tourists. My legs and arms are in an x position and I’m falling face first. Then I’m scared. I feel a scence of danger and regret, and thats when I know I made a mistake. Then I feel everything abnd nothing, see a flash of white and red, and the world goes blank.

-Garnet

No comments:

Post a Comment