Friday, October 12, 2012

Yose (Short version)


                                                 Yose and the New World
Once there was lava. Then there was cooling. Then there was erosion. Then there was a release of pressure. That's how the mountains of Yosemite (pronounced yo's-a-might) were formed. But we never got it right and this is the story of how the Yosemite mountains were truly formed. It starts with a determined young pebble named Yose and he was one of the many pebbles that wanted to join Columbus on his second expedition to the New World to go and settle and see new sights. Now, despite what I've said, rocks cannot jump around and speak to humans. They have the speed of about a turtle and are very shy around humans. so much so, if they even feel that something watching them they would get so afraid (after the making of stone tools) that they would pass out. This is where we begin the journey of Yose and the New World. From this point onward we will refer to his diary.

Sept. 20, 1493

Big day today! Finally starting my hike to Columbus’s ship. Oh, the dangerous lulling waters of erosion, to be exposed to people and to sneak past them, to be open to elements, to THRIVE in the New World, to have the great spark with lava, to be a great, towering mountain! Ok, maybe it’s a bit of a exaggeration, but still this is going to be a big day for me! I can’t wait a WHOLE day for this journey to begin. Oh whoops. I’m sorry. I forgot. My name is Yose, and if you are some human explorer that passed by and saw this part of my diary washed up on the sand, good find! I’m the first rock you can say lived! If you go to a rocky beach without any metal or rocks the rocks will move. Very slowly, but they will! It’s ama- ( It’s assumed that a human passed by and threw Yose into the water.)




????. ????  ?????





Whe-where am I!?!? There is wo-wood beneath me ii should try to get up. (Several hours passed getting up) It appears that am in a box. A very large box at that. AHHH BURNT ROCKS (He was referring to the window. Experts believe that the box was a cabin, but no one knows for sure.)






Land ho!! Yes, finally! Hey look a safe nest. I’ll rest there. Up in the nes -.’; Got picked up by a bird and getting flown away. Shoot. Got dropped by bird. I will try to communicate to rocks by way of dropping stuff. God, i’m tired. Oh well, i guess I’ll make a small waterfall. Hours passed making the waterfall. God, that took awhile. gotta nap. (Short story short, he took a long nap and the waterfall worked very well. The problem was that when people came, the sound of the waterfall lulled them to sleep and as time passed the dirt eroded and the waterfall grew bigger and more rocks came until there was mountains of rocks!) 

--Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment